Monday 19 November 2018

Review: Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Being an introvert myself I sometimes find it incredibly frustrating that I feel so quiet and reserved, especially when people expect an explanation about why i'm so different to them.
I have come up with a basic timeline to explain:

Birth ------> 'Why are you so quiet?' ------>Death

Ah yes, the life of an introvert.

I never really understood why I am the way I am, I was always rather curious about it though. Why others didn't seem to care so much, how others wanted nothing but a rowdy night out, how being surrounded by people was their favourite pastime yet I would cringe at the idea. After reading this book I finally have answers and it truly was fascinating and I would actually go so far to say that this book should be required reading for everybody, including introverts, extroverts and everyone in between. This really clears the big divide between both ends of the spectrum and ultimately it gave me a boost of confidence. Introversion isn't something to be ashamed of , it's actually a great trait to have. I will learn to embrace it as I explore further readings.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment